Recommendations by students
- Extraordinarily interesting. Fred Spierís book is very good, and reads very easily.
- The Big History book is great.
Big History (the book) is fantastic!
- Very good book by Fred Spier
- The book and ideas were quite an eye-opener.
The textbook was easy to read, and made several concepts like physics for example, clear to understand, which I did not expect.
I found this a most inspiring course that taught me insights that I would probably not have received in the rest of my university
- I can truly say that after taking this course, I've received a new way of looking at history that is much broader
and well-rounded than I've experienced before.
- I think this course is unusual in its creativity and zoomed-out perspective,
which taught me skills that I would not so easily acquire in other courses. I value the theoretical concept of the book as particularly
useful. This has perhaps been the course with the most impact in my semester.
- I really enjoyed the course. The discussions
added a lot to the course and made the course material easier to understand. The book was clear and interesting.
- Dr Fred Spier
is an approachable, kind and dedicated teacher who is very passionate about his works in the field of Big History. He really has interesting
ideas which are very inspiring. Also taking us outside and do 'experiments' with e.g. the compass was nice.
- Learned super interesting
theories and ideas. Honestly the most interesting course I have ever taken.
-The most enjoyable and most instructive course
I have ever taken!
- We would like to sincerely thank mister Spier for teaching us this course and for broadening our view on
history. We urge you to keep on teaching Big History; it has showed us an unique view on the world and its history.